Since upgrade to XP - can't open .eps / ai files

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitnlit

After I upgraded to XP I couldn't open .eps or ai files UNLESS I was IN Adobe Illustrator and opening the file directly from WITHIN Illustrator. If I was in Windows and just opened a file with an .ai or .eps extension I would get this error message
c:\documents and settings\maryann\my documents\art.ai is not a valid win32 application

This also happens if I am in WINZIP and try to open the file from WITHIN winzip. BEFORE the upgrade I could just click on the file and open it, but now I get the above error message unless I'm IN Illustrator and opening the file.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Maryann

Some software you had before is no longer fully installed, or some update was not downloaded. It is difficult to say what... because .ai can be for Adobe Illustrator, Vector Graphics, EDS, EDI, and a number of other companies... it may be software or hardware.
If you can figger it out, you can download the needed plug from the manufacturer of that device or software.
If you cannot figger it out, you can do a Google search of .ai extensions, or go to one of the Extension software lists... to get it right then go download what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back