TechSpot

Sins of a Solar Empire on Win2K?

By jwdR1
Feb 12, 2008
  1. I purchased Sins of a Solar Empire and found out too late Win2K is not supported. (I knew it wasn't officially supported but I was lead to believe the retail version would at least install). I see there's a few folks who have had success in getting WinXP only games running on Win2K, so I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions on getting Sin's installed.

When I attempt to install, I get a pop-up that says the game requires at least XP and that's as far as it goes. Is there a way (registry entry perhaps) that I can trick the install program into thinking I've got XP?

I appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks.

2. jwdR1

jwdR1 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 26   +18

Ok, someone pointed me to the solution to my problem over on the Stardock forums. I'll post a link to the solution in a bit but I have to get my post count > 3 :D

3. jwdR1

Post 3, which has to be at least 10 characters long. !%$!@# spambots screws things up for everyone!

4. jwdR1

5. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,929   +186

Welcome to Techspot and thank you for the heads up

And sorry about the trouble with posting links, but it really is necessary with all the spammers we get :(

6. OldBoy2k

OldBoy2k TS Member Posts: 27

Hi jwdR1,

there are more fixes for actual games and a special 2k community helping out of these problems at our Win2kgaming forum at
    Code:
    http://win2kgaming.site90.com/phpBB2/
    .Just post the error or problem which occours running a specific game.

see ya around/greets
    OldBoy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.