Sins of a Solar Empire on Win2K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwdR1

I purchased Sins of a Solar Empire and found out too late Win2K is not supported. (I knew it wasn't officially supported but I was lead to believe the retail version would at least install). I see there's a few folks who have had success in getting WinXP only games running on Win2K, so I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions on getting Sin's installed.

When I attempt to install, I get a pop-up that says the game requires at least XP and that's as far as it goes. Is there a way (registry entry perhaps) that I can trick the install program into thinking I've got XP?

I appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks.

Ok, someone pointed me to the solution to my problem over on the Stardock forums. I'll post a link to the solution in a bit but I have to get my post count > 3 :D

Post 3, which has to be at least 10 characters long. !%$!@# spambots screws things up for everyone!

Welcome to Techspot and thank you for the heads up

And sorry about the trouble with posting links, but it really is necessary with all the spammers we get :(

Hi jwdR1,

there are more fixes for actual games and a special 2k community helping out of these problems at our Win2kgaming forum at
Code:
http://win2kgaming.site90.com/phpBB2/
.Just post the error or problem which occours running a specific game.

see ya around/greets
OldBoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back