SIS integrated + ATI 9250

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloomer

Hello guys. My computer has an integrated SIS card. Can't remember the exact version.

I play age of mythology, but the graphics suck with it :(

My friend got a new gfx card so he gave me his ATI 9250 card.

I'm like alright woot. So I just open up my computer stick it in turn on the computer and download drivers.

Simple as that no problems. I open up age of mythology. Graphics still suck I'm like wtf.

I have the latest ATI driver so I don't know what could be wrong.

I read some suggestions around the net and everyone tells me to look in my bios and disable some onguard thingy or something.

I really don't want to fiddle around with things that might screw up my computer.

I look in device manager and in the display adapters bar it shows 2 things.

MSIRX9250
MSIRX9250 secondary

so it looks like ati is running but the graphics still suck :(

really annoying and confusing. I don't know what I could possibly do :(

it seems that my ati card is running but the graphics just suck! On my friends computer the graphics looked fine there. But mine suck with the ati card.

EDIT: Also in device manager I looked in System Devices and it shows SIS accelerated graphics port it doesn't give me the option to disable it, so should I uninstall it?

I don't want to do anything stupid so could you tell me if that's a good idea or not?

Ok thanks for the help mate :) I changed it to PCI. So now what?

And also. Before I changed it to PCI, what I noticed in age of mythology, was that it was really really blurry. So blurry that you couldn't really read the chat text.

What would cause that?

gloomer said:
I changed it to PCI.
In theory that should help to make sure that Windows uses your PCI video card instead of the onboard.From your reaction,not much has changed.

Make sure the system is junk free,spyware free and there aren`t any other unnecessary processes running.Those can slow any graphics.

Are the other specs of your PC up to the job ?.

Check those links I gave you,regarding the onboard video situation.

Here are my sys specs

AMD sempron 3000+ 1.80ghz 1gigram

Microsoft windows xp service pack 2

I think that's about all you need to know. Tell me if you need to know more.

And my computer is spyware, junkware, adware, and watever other ware there is^^

yeah :( when I changed to init display thing to pci, it's not really blurry now. It's just really pixelated :(

I'll take a look at those links. Thanks.

EDIT: In the tweaking link, they told me to look in display properties in the settings tab and click advanced and then go to the options tab.

But there was no options tab ??

Really confusing me :(

Also I did a scan with SiS software, and my video bios is 3 years old -.-

It said to update it, but I don't think I'm ready to flash it.

Very difficult. I don't want to screw my computer over so I guess I'll just stay away from age of mythology :(

Have you tried to disable your display addapter in safe mode? Start your computer in safe mode then go into device management, click on display adapter. There should be a box with "disable" in it.

on my system that is where my integrated GPU can be disabled. I'm fairly new at this but I have changed my video card and this is what I was told to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back