SiS Port Driver Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrybody

Upon statup of a three month old Windows XP pro SP2 machine I get a error message "Control Service". Upon checking device manager under other hardware SiS Port Driver is listed with a yellow !. I don't know what this device is or where I might find a driver to install. My chipset is a SiS K7S41GX. I could dowload drivers from the SiS or the motherboard manufactures web sites, but I don't know what this device is. I have disabled the device and everything seems to be running OK (no more error messages), but its not how I want to leave it. I know the BIOS or Windows detects it, but I am not sure what it might be.

I`m not sure exactly what the device is, but it`s undoubtably part of the chipset drivers.

Go HERE and download your chipset drivers. Then, re-enable the device in your device manager and install the drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Device still unkown

I have replaced all chipset drivers pertaining to this particular motherboard. Still the SiS Port driver device is listed as unkown in device manager. As far as I can determine it is some sort of legacy device. Instead of disabeling the device I uninstalled it this time. After several reboots no error messages and the device does not show up again. That does not mean that it won't. A extened google search let me to someone that had the same problem, but never solved it. I will email support for the motherboard manufacturer to see if they have ever ran across this anomalie.
Thanks Howard for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back