TechSpot

SiS' revenue up 4.74% in September, departs from chipset business

By Matthew
Oct 9, 2009
  1. Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) disclosed its financial information for September, showing revenue of NT$462 million ($14.4 million). A monthly high for the company during 2009, its September revenue marked a 4.74% increase from the prior month and 4.84% year-over-year. SiS' revenue hit NT$1.34 billion in the third quarter -- a 23.75% sequential growth. The company's first three quarters totaled NT$2.91 billion, which is down 39.34% from last year.

Read the whole story

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

SiS has been a remarkably good company for a long, long time. We grew up on their astounding work... so good, you almost never notice that it is SiS.
    Too bad they get repaid in this way.
    I would trust anything they do in this new venture.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

It's a shame that we will have less choices when it comes to chipsets but to be honest, I've never taken a look at a SiS or Via chipset in years (not even nVidia for that matter). Uli was quite nice at one point but got bought off by nVidia & they disappeared for good.

Even before the "fusion" of CPU & chipset, people are already buying Intel chipsets for Intel CPUs & the same happens on the AMD side. :-/

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

I wasn't aware they were still in business, glad to here they are.

5. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 308

ahh we use to build some very cheap computers with sis. Great for the bottom line. Would I use them in my own PC nooo but for someone wanting super cheap I would choose sis over some no name brand.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.