SiSM672 Chipset: Good? Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay so basically, I know what the Intel X3100 chipset can do, and I was wondering how this one, the SiSM672, compares to it.
They both apparently (in most configurations) have the same 256 MB of shared memory, and they both support the 800MHz Front Side Bus...

Which one is "Better"?
I know this is a stupid question, however I'm asking it anyways.

Tmagic650 said:
If i have a choice, i always choose Intel
Well, yeah if they were selling the model of computer I want with an intel chipset, I'd go intel even if it was a 100 more...
BUT... they aren't... so I'm wondering how this chipset sizes up...

Tmagic650 said:
So go with the SiSM672, it is probably fine
The main concern I have is, will I be able to play my 720p MKV files alright with that chipset...
I know that the intel X3100 chipset does it without a problem, especially with a dual core of over 2GHz... (the system i will be purchasing has 2.10GHz core 2 duo).

There's a lot more to consider than just the chipset when trying to play 720p MKV files properly. Things like CPU, memory type and amount, video card and power supply

I'm aware of the things to be considered, and I suppose because of the specific nature of the question I should provide all the remaining information:

The graphics processor is listed on the manufacturer's website as:
SIS M672 Integrated 3D/2D Graphics with Share Memory Architecture up to 256MB

The CPU will be a 2.10GHz Core 2 Duo

Other information here:
http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=22903

You are talking about a laptop... Thanks for telling us :) Laptop graphics are improving all the time, but they still fall way behind a desktop computers graphic abilities. It is even harder to answer your question at this point

Well, I know that laptops with at least 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo (800MHz FSB) and the X3100 chipset from Intel play 720p MKV files just fine...

Which brings me back to my original question, how does this chipset size up against the X3100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back