Skipping audio/cpu usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwingz

ok im having a kind of weird problem here. any audio/video is fine on my computer when nothing else is running, but when anything else is running it starts skipping around and some what slows down the song or video im watching. its really weird, I dont think its my cpu because my cpu is rather new is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-core 4600+ overclocked to 2.72 ghz. im pretty sure its not my ram, I have 4 gigs of ddr2. im not sure what else could be causing it.

any ideas?

how long have u had this problem? if it started when u started with the mem. ASUS is real picky with mem. and that could be u're problem.

everything was working fine up until..(lightbulb).. everything was fine until I lost my motherboard program for cpu overclocking. one morning I woke up and started up my computer and it said that it was installing windows xp so I figured it was f-disking itself but insted the hard drives had just switched roles on me and so my secondary became my primary and had finished installing xp on itself. I wonder if it could be a sound driver that I might have not reinstalled. I installed the board, cpu, and memory all at the same time 5 or so months ago when I upgraded. anyways im going to go try that driver thing, il post again on the status of it.

well its been a few months now so I have my desktop and everything set up how I want it with the files I want. I just checked and the audio driver is installed. has anyone heard of this happening before though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back