TechSpot

Sky + to PC

By TheCase
Oct 15, 2007
  1. Hi,

As there is a hard drive limit on SKY+ programmes I would like to save space and upload them onto my PC. The back of the sky box there is a S-Video and I have an S-Video on my graphics card aswell, can I transfere that way with good quality or do I need something else?

Thanks

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

I dont think that will work or is legal either.

3. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

i don't think it will work because as far as i know the s-video port on graphics cards is an output so that you can connect to a tv. i think it's the same on the sky box (i have one, it's good stuff ;)) so it would be like plugging a microphone into a headphone socket, if you know what i'm on about

as rik said, i'm not sure as to the legality of transferring it to your pc either - but i'm not exactly a law expert or anything :)

4. TheCase

TheCase TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 99

Ok sorry never knew

5. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

don't worry about it too much mate it's just that TS doesn't wanna get in trouble for telling people to do things they shouldn't :) i expect there is a way to transfer the programs but you'd probably need a tv tuner for your pc

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.