TechSpot

Skype 2.1 for Android adds support for 17 more devices

By Emil
Aug 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Skype today announced version 2.1 of its Android app. Skype 2.1 for Android adds support for an additional 17 of the most popular devices running Google's mobile operating system. You…

Read the whole story
  2. Absolutely Wonderful :D

cheers skype

regards
    Galaxy S
  3. mados123

mados123 TS Rookie Posts: 17

Works well on my Droid Incredible 2 but the video on one phone is upside down. Need to hold the phone upside down to right the picture. Any fixes?
  4. mados123

mados123 TS Rookie Posts: 17

Never mind. Seems to be a design flaw and video is meant to be used horizontally, as identified in PCMagazine - guess it has to do with interoperability with the desktop app.

"But if you?re using a phone, you need to hold it horizontally to transmit and receive video properly. If you hold it vertically, you?ll still be able to video chat, but you?re probably going to appear upside down or sideways, just like the video you will receive. It?s not that big a deal, but it feels less natural than holding the phone vertically."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387822,00.asp
  5. I had a problem using it with my HTC Thunderbolt...big surprise. It not only didn't work, but it seems to have also disabled my camera. Hopefully gingerbread will come soon, which in theory will solve everything...
  6. Video is upside down too on Samsung Galaxy S2. Both mine and my wife's S2's. Tango seems to be the best video app choice once again....

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.