Skype launches video messaging, transition from Messenger detailed

By Jos
Feb 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Skype has begun rolling out a new beta feature on its iOS, Android, and Mac clients that allows users to send recorded video messages to others, regardless if they are online or not. Videos can be up to three minutes...

Read more
  2. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 364   +66

If they are able to the software work smoothly I can see myself using this.
  3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 784   +85

" Third party APIs will eventually be shut down and each company using them has its own timetable for the shut down."

I thought I had found a way to escape it, and now they're taking away the last option
    T_T

4. "If they are able to the software work smoothly I can see myself using this." My brain hurts just trying to comprehend what Littleczr said.
  5. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 864   +127

You can use Skype through 3rd party routes, so your experience really won't change.
    NTAPRO likes this.
  6. NTAPRO

Oh ok lol. all is well then xD

I think skype is a pretty decent program though

Eh, but it kinds defeated the purpose of using 3rd party mainly for msn support though, since one of the main reasons was to avoid having to switch to skype. Guess it wont really matter in the end though. Would problably recommend just creating a new account and getting people to add through there. I know quite a few people that couldn't seem to get their msn contacts on their existing skype accounts...
  7. Jim$ter

Jim$ter TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 115   +20

I just upgraded my MSN Messenger..Thought I would hate it...but I guess it's ok...I got it set on compact view and its working :)
  8. wujj123456

wujj123456 Newcomer, in training Posts: 29

They've already messed up. I've lost all my MSN contacts, and now are forced to have two same contacts in Skype. (One Skype contact, one non-functioning messenger contact.)

I'd love to use GTalk and Hangout as much as possible, only if it's not blocked in China.
  9. NTAPRO

Have you tried unlinking your msn account?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.