TechSpot

Skyrim patch 1.3 released, PC gamer plays with Kinect

By Matthew
Dec 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. On the heels of last week's Skyrim update, Bethesda has fired another volley of bug fixes over Steam today, with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions soon to follow…

Read the whole story
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Oh that is so effing coooool!

My future kids will probably take such a way to play a game for granted, but enjoying the progression of this technology will be fun.
  3. I wonder if my future kids will be able to play Skyrim bug-free? I don't count on it in my lifetime.
  4. CalinTM

CalinTM TS Rookie

5. Panda218

Panda218 TS Rookie Posts: 96   +13

Amen to that! I have 2 characters with over 30+ hours. Both saves are glitched one with the final quest for companions and the other has an issues with a thieves guild quest...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
  6. "Ah haaaaah," is exactly the noise I made when i read that.
  7. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

Maybe I'm just getting old but the the motion detection in a game like this this just seems lame.
  8. Umm, no...are you kidding me? I wouldn't want to be telling my character exactly what to do. Nor would I want to hear somebody else to stop yelling at the computer.
  9. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 679   +46

4 GB is nice, but we have that already with a mod that came out 1st day, give us 16GB support, 32gb, etc
  10. a friggin gimmick thats what it is
  11. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,542   +93

"POINTLESS"
    "GIMMICK"
    "SILLY"
    "EASIER WITH TRADITIONAL CONTROLS"

Oh, don't have to say those commands, does it already.

12. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,542   +93

As the saying goes, just because you can't doesn't mean you should.
  13. Its a 32-bit game, its never going to use more than 4GB. You can thank the popularity of console gaming for that.
  14. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,664   +57

id never make a single player none console port there are far to many pirates on computer
  15. I've heard the PS3 has some bugs/issues so severe they may not be completely fixable. I'm playing the PC version and have had a couple issues, but thankfully no game breakers. Currently have 40 hrs in and the last quest I completed was staff of magnus.
  16. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

But if the game is 4GB aware that wouldn't make a difference?
  17. I didn't have any update but after this I had an important improvent in performance.
  18. I would rather have a proper head tracking support like Track Ir.
  19. Just so everyone knows the Kinect mod that does this DOES NOT WORK ON THE NEWEST SKYRIM 1.3.1 update!!

Don't let the title fool you!
  20. As for the 4gb aware comment I have some clarification for you.

Normally a 32 bit game can only see 4 gb, that is including however much ram windows is taking. So say its taking 1gb to run windows, then the game now only have 3gbs to choose from. (and sometimes windows requests it reserves some more like 1.5 or so, which would only leave you with 2.5gb)

Anyway with this update say you have 6gbs of mem this will allow the game to take its full 4gbs and then use less for windows plus using the rest of the memory for that.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.