Slave Drive Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 60GB Maxtor as my slave drive. it was working fine up until a few days ago. then I went to access it to get a few songs in my playlist & it said E: drive is corrupt & unreadable. i have also gotten errors sayin the parameter is incorrect, & 1 said Hard Drive is not formatted, would i like to format it now? i clicked no. i have alot of files on there i dont want to lose. under disk management it says healthy. i just tried active@ partition recovery (demo) which still shows the correct amount of available space from before it got corrupted. any help will be appriaciated... if you need any other info just let me know... thx

BTW: i have been able to get into the slave drive 2 times, since this first happened. but i am not able to access it at all

You may not have many more chances to get at your files.
Your could try the following - it has been known to work:
Remove the drive and wrap it in a plastic bag before putting it in the freezer for the night.
Leave it in the bag to keep it cold & reconnect the following morning - if it works, copy your data from it at once.
If this fails your only remaining option is a professional data restore shop.

seriously? i was gonna try the freezer trick soon. i was hoping there was another way around it tho. could me fillin it up to the point where there was 2GB free on it be an issue that could of caused this? or do you know what caused this & what part of it is damaged?

As it is not the boot drive, filling it up is unlikely to cause a problem with the system and access to it.
At a guess, there is damage to the media - which is why I advise that you only have a few more chances to get at it as cascade damage will accelerate the failure. It could be the controller card - if you can get an identical drive and swap the cards over you might fix it, but there are many variations on the controller card versions and it has to be exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back