Sleeping Dogs PC demo now available on Steam

By Jos
Aug 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Sleeping Dogs was released last week and the game has since been garnering positive reviews from critics and gamers alike -- it currently has a metascore of 83 in our Product Finder engine. If you're on the fence about spending……

Read more
  2. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 242   +42

Yeah, I got this game on release day and I'm very pleased with it. I recommend to you all.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

The game is slow for the first hour or so, but things really got interesting after that. Overall it is very good; for an open-world game, I give it a 9/10. Also, the soundtrack is amazing.
  4. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

I am enjoying it as well... very fun even if it does play like GTA.

The HD texture pack is a must have too!
  5. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

I bought the game on PC, and it's very fun and worth your gaming time. Maybe the reason for the wonky camera was that United Front Games hates the free movement like in GTA IV and Saints Row The Third, which is evident on the PC version.

I give it a 9.5. (Cool martial arts action, graphics are eye-candy on DX11 support, voice acting and presentation is top-notch. But the wonky camera is indeed frustrating)

To sum up, screw you Activision.
  6. HaydenViper

HaydenViper Newcomer, in training

When I installed the sleeping dogs demo on steam I try to start it but the window saying that its going to launch in a moment goes away in a split second and nothing ever happens can anyone explain what is happening if someone does I will greatly appreciate it.
  7. Alpha Gamer

Try verifying cache, I've had this problem 2x so far and it worked
  8. carlosss299

carlosss299 Newcomer, in training

Wait, how do you verify cache? I'm having the same problem with it not starting up.
  9. Alpha Gamer

Library
    Right click on Sleeping dogs
    Properties
    Local Files
    Verify Integrity Cache
  10. Natus_XCVI

Natus_XCVI Newcomer, in training

Downloaded the game and couldn't stop playing. I come back the next day and it won't even launch. It just stays at the screen with the developer logos >:p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.