TechSpot

SLI Mode Freezes PC

By souljourner89
Oct 5, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everytime after I turn SLI mode on for my pc it switchs over fine and then when I start up my game world of warcraft my pc freezes up after 10 mins or so. I get forced to do a hard reboot. I have windows vista 64-bit check my profile for my hardware specs. I updated to the latest nvidia graphics drivers but it didn't help. My motherboard has the vista nforce driver version 15.17 . I have a 600 watt power supply and my ram is only 5 months old. I don't think any of my hardware was factory overclocked. After I rebooted the first time I tried my game again and I still crashed had to hard rebot again. I came back on went to internet explorer and my mouse started lagging around on the screen and then my pc froze again. I eventually had to switch sli mode back off and now my pc works fine.
  2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

3. souljourner89

souljourner89 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I never had those issues the reviews give the motherboard except for sli issues.
  4. souljourner89

souljourner89 TS Rookie Topic Starter

If I was to get a new mobo whats a good one that can take all my current hardware? Are the evga 780i sli mobo pretty good and stable? I looked on tigerdirect and newegg and the evga card got mainly good reviews.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.