SLI worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildgene789

Im just trying to get an understanding i run all my games at max on a samsong 1440x900 res and its amazing BUT will there be a boost in graphics if i add another one? Or will it look the same and i just wasted 350 dollars BTW i have the GTX285 this is just for my knowlegde im not acutally going to do it.

Err...no, i wouldn't even recommend a SINGLE GTX285 at those resolutions. So no, you probably won't get any higher FPS with two GTX285's.

A GTX 285 is a waste of cash for any monitor that cannot do at least 1600x1200. You should be getting at least 100FPS+ in every game at 1440x900, and nothing is smoother than a game running at 60+ FPS. So no, you will not see any performance increase.

If you feel the game is running fine (which it should be), then it is a waste of $350.

nothing is smoother than a game running at 60+ FPS
I really have to disagree with that, 60 is not all that smooth, even on 60hz lcd's, I would say 120+ is smooth.

I think things like monitor refresh rate, the brightness and a few other factors come into play passed 60fps. Rarily an issue discussed though.

Well in grand theft auto 4 i had 30 fps with the phenom X3 but idk about it now i havent check i just want to run that game like a pro haha. Now i have the phenom II 3.6ghz but when i have it at high textures it lags but on medium its good.

Well, currently a SLi 285 set up seems like a complete overkill. But in the long run, I could imagine it lasting a LONG time. I mean, if you got the money and you wanna show off, I'd do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back