Slow and Buggy PC. Cause unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

originaldeadman

Hey guys,

Im a real Counter Strike lover and the other when i exited CS, my pc stopped responding. Everything freezed on my desktop but yet i could move the mouse without being able to click. I could open/close the start menu with my keyboard but everything else was frozen dead. I thought it was my antivirus (BitDefender is known to be a major pc slowdown) so i changed to Kaspersky Anti Virus 2009. Now my pc will freeze anything. Mostly when i use IE so im limited to firefox right now. Im using windows xp sp2 and have actually 512 mb ram. I doubt it is a ram problem since i could use my pc to the max before, like alt tabbing out of counter strike and browse the internet and all. I suspect malware to be the cause of this but kaspersky found nothing yet... Here is my HJT log. Hope someone can help me :/

My Kaspersky version is 8.0.0.357. I just downloaded the new HJT and made a scan. Here it is :) Im removing unwanted startup programs too now itself.
What antivirus could i replace kaspersky with? I like its ease of use though. Does bitdefender really cause 124% system slowdown? i read a review about this..

I found a pro version and im downloading it. 50.2 mb. pretty large for an antivirus though! Do you think i should add more RAM to my pc? Could virtual memory be the cause of everything? My pc freezes everytime i try to open IE. When freezing occur, i can open up task manager with Alt+Ctrl+Del but can't click or anything. (mouse still move though) Would be some kind of malware or hardware issue?

Sorry not an expert on the HJT logs
But it would be interesting to know if AVG finds and removes anything

That's fantastic

If you really want to confirm.

Download and run Startup Control Panel and remove any unwanted startups, then restart.

Then...

Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

wow! just after the AVG scan i tried playing counter strike, tabbing out of the game and browsing the net and...IT WORKED!! Thanks for your help man!! My pc is running like brand new again!! :D! Im definitely keeping AVG. perhaps it was kaspersky itself which was hogging my system. got rid of it for good now! 2 thumbs up for kimsland!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back