Slow display after installing video card

Hey,

Ever since I installed a new video-card (NVidia GeForce GT220) on my pc (Vista 32-bit) the time between pressing the power-on button and login screen is about 10 minutes. The problem lies with the screen that, in my case, shows stuff like which bios I have, what kind of CPU and all the F2 - F8 options. Don't rightfully know what it is called (boot-screen?). Ever since I installed the new hardware, that screen is displayed character by character and it takes forever, where before you had to time it right to get a change to enter bios setup.
I have reinstalled the grapics driver and updated it to no avail. Perhaps an update of the bios?
If anyone knows the answer, I'll just hope I can handle te solution :)

Cheers,
Serdni

Did you have another graphics card fitted before this one?

If so did you uninstall the old driver as it may be causing conflicts?

If this is your first graphics card and you were using the on board graphics before you may find your power supply is inadequate.

I used the one that came installed with it before installing the GT220 and it might very well be that I neglected to uninstall the old drivers. Can this still be done or do I need to uninstall the GT220 also?
And thanks for the reply

Well I followed the instructions in the link, but where I was expecting to see an extra, older driver under the display adapters list in the device manager, it only showed me the current one (gt 220). So, even though I did not manually uninstalled the older drivers, perhaps this was done automatically? Oh well, I'll keep looking. Thanks for the effort
P.S: Is there perhaps a better way to describe the problemù? By using the proper terms and such I might find the solution more quickly...

OK, another possibility here is your power supply. What was the previous card that you were using and what wattage is your power supply?

Please also provide the make and model number of the PC and the amount of RAM you have.

Back