Slow down pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulanders

with this thread i attach all the request log

my pc start up and open program very slow, it use all the cpu source

rootkit did not found anything.

please help... tq

What is the hardware configuration of your computer: memory size, hard drive, etc.

What I see is a case of too much protection.

You have/had a Trojan.Agent.DX infestation, that may have been removed, but you should immediately shut down, boot into SAFE MODE, and run the scan again, to prevent the infestation from hiding in memory.

As for the slowness, I see
Zone Alarm
Spybot
Aaware
Trend Micro
CCleaner
AVAST
AVG anti Spyware,

They are likely competing for the same status. I would use AVG or Avast or Trend Micro... but not all three at once... uninstall some, and see if there is change as you make the changes.

What is the hardware configuration of your computer: memory size, hard drive, etc.

What I see is a case of too much protection.

You have/had a Trojan.Agent.DX infestation, that may have been removed, but you should immediately shut down, boot into SAFE MODE, and run the scan again, to prevent the infestation from hiding in memory.

As for the slowness, I see
Zone Alarm
Spybot
Aaware
Trend Micro
CCleaner
AVAST
AVG anti Spyware,

They are likely competing for the same status. I would use AVG or Avast or Trend Micro... but not all three at once... uninstall some, and see if there is change as you make the changes.

http://www.castlecops.com/o20list-460.html

if you want our help you will need the following

Download the diagnostic tool MGADiag and save it to your desktop.
* Double-click on MGADiag.exe.
* Click Run and Run again.
* Click Continue, then Copy.
* Next open Notepad, in the empty pane right click and select Paste. Save the file to your desktop so that you can attach it here

about trend micro....

could this be one of the cleaning program that i recently install?
(i.e ccleaners or hijackthis maybe....)

coz i dont remember have it install before nor i cant find it in add/remove

well my mobo is quite shame actually but i dont feel this slow before:

intel celeron d 2.00 ghz
512mb ram (-32mb share gc)
40g HD (use only 10g so far)

tell me if there is nothing wrong with the pc (software).
if the pc is fine then its probably my pc is dying out on me. :)

TrendMicro is an antivirus, antispyware program.. you can learn more by doing a Google search for Trend Micro

Your computer could be slow if the 40 GB hard drive is older than three years old (or sometimes two years old) and is made by Maxtor, Hitachi, Samsung, or Fujitsu... it could be starting to fail and they sometimes run very slowly before they fail altogether.

You can find out by going to the manufacturer's website and download their version of the hard drive fitness test and run it. It only takes a few minutes to run.

Also, if you have a lot of programs or processes running at the same time... which can sometimes happen with too many programs searching for evils, and other stuff going on, 512 MB might not be enough memory... especially if the memory is also being used by the video graphics or other installed hardware.

It would depend a lot on what is installed, and how you are connected, and other activities taking place.

CCleaner is a registry cleaning program. It is a good program, but will sometimes remove things that can make it run more slowly.

HiJack this is just taking inventory. When it is done, it is not adding to the workload.

These programs do not, to my knowledge, install themselves.

thanks raybay...

i guess it safe for me to say that it is my hardware is the problem, not the software/os itself right?

because if it is some virus or something like that it will be hard for me to backup any of my work worried i might backup some of the problem with me.....

i guess that is all i need to know....

again thank you to any person who being helping me, especially raybay....

aThere is no way to know, yet, Zulanders. It could still be a software problem. But sometimes it is helpful to rule out the hardware problems first. You have to rule out possibilities, sometimes, as you get closer to a solution.

In my opinion, unless there is a minidump that implicates a specific driver (and therefore the assoicated device)
hardware is the LAST thing to replace -- you're recommending an expendure without any justification.

With today's Internet threats, software is to be suspected first, even to a full reformat
and reinstall(r/r) before "oh gee I guess it's hardware". (those that have read my replies before,
well know I recommend even against the r/r approach being used too soon.)

Either way I don't help people that don't have a legit version of windows

Since nobody appears to be reading the link I provided in my original reply

O20 Type Winlogon Notify
Name Antiwpa
Path/File %SYSDIR%\antiwpa.dll
Status X
Description Illegal Windows crack

Either way I don't help people that don't have a legit version of windows

O20 Winlogon Notify
Name Antiwpa
Path/File %SYSDIR%\antiwpa.dll
Status X
Description Illegal Windows crack

And if this is not the case is why I suggested

Download the diagnostic tool MGADiag and save it to your desktop.
* Double-click on MGADiag.exe.
* Click Run and Run again.
* Click Continue, then Copy.
* Next open Notepad, in the empty pane right click and select Paste. Save the file to your desktop so that you can attach it here

In the original, there's the link and as you just reported, implicates a possible illegal
copy of Widows.

May I suggest that some description preface your citations, to give motivation to
the reader and reduce your frustration?

yes we understand that is what you found and reported. really good work there :)

My comment is regarding the link to CastleCops without enticing the reader to click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back