Slow downloading

Dannyk0ed

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 because of most of my configs didnt work for some programs and because of computer speed. Before the reinstall I got 1.8mb/sec on downloads, now I get 10-30kb/secs

Any problems?

1st: Check your Ethernet cable, make sure it's terminated on both ends correctly - make sure it's ends are tight and there is nothing physically wrong with it. If it doubt replace it.
2nd: perhaps the network card is failing, swap it or install a pci one & see if there is a difference.

Hope this helps, take care!

Out the box the broadband connections is set to around 10mbps. Best to get an app like TCP Optimizer to change it to match what your paying for. Example for me it's set to 30mbps. Make sure the MTU is set to 1500 if your on a Cable Modem or 1492 on DSL Modem. Most of the time this is set incorrectly on new Windows images. So much you can do to speed up the downloading. Also TCP.sys is set to 10 connections. You can change that to whatever your router can handle. Need special software to change that though. I use 100 to 200 connections only on one PC though.

Back