Slow internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
My internet is running very slowly. I've run all kinds of antivirus and spyware and haven't found the problem. My laptop runs much quicker, can someone help?

I've attached an HJT scan. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• AJ HJT log.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
these look suspicious:

O21 - SSODL: dqwuPGxVQU - {4068C4F8-EAC2-6E52-C8CB-837069CA654E} - C:\windows\system32\mek.dll (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {2B1AA38D-2D12-11D5-AAD0-00C04FA03D78} (LocalExec Control) ...

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [syscache] C:\Documents and Settings\Nancy Jones\~.exe

(your java is way outdated BUT IT IS NOT A CAUSE OF ANYTHING HERE -- DEAL WITH IT LATER :)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_15\bin\jusched.exe

Its not your internet thats running slow its your computer,I've had a look at your attachment and quite frankly you have at least 15 processes running that are gobbling up your CPU time.
In particular Explore.exe appears to be running twice concurrently as well as i explore.exe.I'll bet my lucky penny these are malware.In addition some of these other processes do not need to be running at all and should be disabled via Task Manager.Also tweak your computers start ups as some are ambigious and dont need to run 24/7.

Don't fix anything using hijackthis until you move it to its own folder, it's in a temp folder and you will lose any backups that it makes

also your java is way out of date
Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 6
  • The 5th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_06 folder

-------------------------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Disable Teatimer
  • Right click the Spybot -SD Resident Icon located in your system tray, Select Exit Spybot - S&D Resident
  • Open Spybot S&D
  • Click on Mode at the top and make sure that Advanced is checked
  • Expand the Tools tab in the left pane
  • Single click on the Resident Icon also in the left pane
  • Uncheck Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active
  • Close spybot

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Attach the 3 logs back here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back