Slow Online Games With Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodRaven

I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question and i cant find it. Whats happening is single player (offline games) run flawlessly. i have a powerful enough machine that i can play any game i want at max settings and it looks smooth and crisp. browser speeds are fast and download speeds are nothing to complain about. i have a Mbps down cable connection. I'm running a fresh copy of Windows 7 professional. thats the setup, now let me explain the problem. no matter what game i play multilayer, the second i get into a server to play a game my ping is through the roof. between 200ms to 2000ms. i know its not my machine because my fps is 60+ constantly. I'm starting to believe that it has something to do with some weird windows 7 glitch or something along those lines. I think its the OS is because when I run games on a different machine using OS X Leopard or Windows Vista, its smooth as can be with a max of 85ms ping. has anyone experienced this before or have any ideas how to fix it? any info helps. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back