Slow to browse directory which has html/php files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am using windows XP/ SP2. The problem is that when I browse directory which has html or php, it's very slow. There's no problem browsing directory which has other type of files.

I'm not sure what you mean :confused:

I'm not advertising any product, and I'm totally against that anyway!
The above software is all free

Hi,

I am using windows XP/ SP2. The problem is that when I browse directory which has html or php, it's very slow. There's no problem browsing directory which has other type of files.
What VIEW are you using, Thumbnails, Tiles, Icons, List, Details ???

It is known that dirs/*.jpg require extraordinary time to display/scroll. List or Detail views will reduce the effect.

I am using Icon view. It opens pretty faster directory which consist *.jpg in thumnail view. But the directory which has html files has problem. You can't imagine it takes more then 1/2 minute, such weired.

while I am trying to add registry, it gives error. I have attached screenshoot. Merging and importing both give error. Please check attached file.

I just tried the above Reg file ("disablerefresh.reg" not exactly reg.reg)

And it worked for me

Are you an Administrator privileged account holder?
If yes, do this, then restart, then download and merge the reg file again

Download RatsCheddar

It contains a program written by Rathat, and it is a Policy Controller.
Save and extract this program to the desktop.
Once extracted, Double click on the RatsCheddar.exe file.
Enable everything, then click Exit
Reboot your Computer.

Thanx I am been able to run RatsCheddar.exe, it improve performace bit. but not fully. I still not able to run disablerefresh.reg.

Is any alternative to enhance peformance?

Try right-clicking that reg file and choosing Merge. It is a valid reg file.

What program are your PHP and HTML files associated with?

Try making a couple folders with only one type in each to see if it really involves both file types, or only one.

Or the obvious!

Rt click the reg file Open in notepad copy and paste contents back to us and we can tell you if it is real.

Or rename it disablerefresh.txt and send as an attachment!

Mike

I am using Icon view. It opens pretty faster directory which consist *.jpg in thumnail view. But the directory which has html files has problem. You can't imagine it takes more then 1/2 minute, such weired.
  1. Thumbnail view: descends into subdirs to reflect what is IN THOSE Dirs :( Bad Idea
  2. Icon view: displays the icon for the associated program -- multiple times :(
  3. List view: displays the 32x32 favicon, similar to that associated with webpages
  4. Detail view: similar to List view but adds file info

Minimal processing for dirs with large number of files will be the (3) LIST VIEW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back