TechSpot

SM Bus controller, unknown device

By racon
Jun 30, 2010
  1. i have problems with sm bus controller... all other drivers i got and that one not :S
    i got : AMD Turion 64 mobile techinology . ml-30 processor
    Ati mobility radeon x700 graphics card .
    computer name: Acer TravelMate 4402 Lmi .
    Can someone help me?
    i have searched alot on google etc but finded nothing.

2. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 742

The SM Bus is not very important as you make work normally even if it is not installed. For you to find it simply go to acerpanam.com where you will get all driver for you acer. Simply select the appropriate for your laptop and windows and you will get all driver for your laptop.

3. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

When you get to the support site, be sure try both the chipset drivers plus any drivers that might be for internal card readers (these driver types seem to often resolve SM controller errors)

4. Ultiweap

Yes!!!! That's sure

5. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

to piggyback what has already been posted, if you have any support disks that came with your computer or motherboard, the drivers are likely to be on one of them. there is a CardReader driver on your computers download page though, so like Lookin said that's probably what you need.

6. Ultiweap

He will get any driver on the acerpanam website.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.