Small Wireless Hub?

Dhakos

Hey, my home has 3 desktops, so we've never had wireless, just ethernet cables running to the computers needed. Now however, I'm going to be using a laptop also. I have a little 15 quid wired hub, plug and play, internet goes in, internet goes out, simple :)
But does the same exist for a wireless option? a little mini wireless hub I can plug into to just give me a small range wireless?

Essentially what I'm asking is: is there such a thing as a small cheap wireless hub and I can run an ethernet cable into and be able to connect to with my laptop? Examples of cheap but reliable products would be great :)

Due to my lack of knowledge of wireless I dont know how connecting works, or encryption or anything, it's something I'll look up when the time comes :)

Thanks for any help

I was thinking more of a hub than a router? being that I already have a router, and I thought the additional functions of a router over a hub would make it more costly?

Common routers go for $49-$89.

The expense is the WiFi and "a hub" never has that feature.

If I turn the wireless switch, a small window in the upper left corner of the screen show the wireless connection is active, but there is no communication between the hub and broadband computer. The hub wireless broadband market, since the connection is active.
HUH? Sorry, I don't understand what you are attempting to say...

Back