TechSpot

Smart Defrag not starting with Windows 7

By Habylab
Mar 18, 2010
  1. I can't get smart degrag to start with windows. I have WinPatrol installed and it never prompts me to accept it, when i switch the setting on in Smart Defrag. I have tried about 3 times now to re-install, and it doesn't help.

What can I do ?!?!

2. CAMusing

CAMusing TS Enthusiast Posts: 328

Have you considered that you may have a bad install of Smart Defrag?

Smart Defrag has a forum too.
    http://forums.iobit.com/

3. Habylab

Habylab TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 307

I have posted on the forum. I have redownloaded the install file many times. Its the most hastle I have had to go threw to get it to do something so basic! Know any commands I can put in the shortcutt to get it to start in the taskbar on start up?

4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,683   +86

Well I use that program too under Windows 7 along with their Advance System Care Pro. Neither Pro or Smart Defrag are loading at boot-up. Not all systems are effected by this glitch. IOBIT has to fix the issue.

5. Habylab

Habylab TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 307

Yep, sure do. I had fixed it.... But latest install has ruined it again!

6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,683   +86

They had posted 1.45 version seems to be working though in 7.. ADC 3.5.1 launches SD 1.45 both can run in the background.

7. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 482   +8

If Smart Defrag is still giving you trouble, you could try Defraggler. I have used it with Windows 7 and it worked pretty well for me.

8. Vicbowling

Vicbowling Banned

I swear by Defrag to shutdown. I love that program because I don't have to wait around and turn off my computer when it has finally finished the defrag process.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.