Inactive Smart_HDD

I got the Smart_HDD virus. Ran Malware MBAM, etc to no avail. The Start menu is bad, have no desktop, and program files are saying empty. I am only able to get internet (using Windows 7 64 bit). I'm in big trouble. Help if you can.

Okay, let's see of we can get you up and running:

It is important that you do not delete any files from your Temp folder or use any temp file cleaners

1. If your task manager is disabled:
Press Windows+R key> type cmd>copy and run this command
Code:
Echo y | reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr
Press Enter
--------------------------------------
2. If you're desktop is blank and unable to right click on it:
Press Windows+R key> type cmd>copy and run this command ,run this command
Code:
Echo y | reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /v NoDesktop[/b]
Press Enter
---------------------------------------
3. If programs, icons, files, desktop are 'missing: Download Unhide.exe and save to the desktop.
  • Double-click on Unhide.exe icon to run the program.
  • This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives.
Note: This does not remove the malware- only the attribute that hides icons and programs. It is important that you continue.
==============================
Some 'cosmetic' problem may still occur like the Start Menu disorder. They can be fixed when the malware if gone.
===============================
Please print out the following instructions. It is important that the order of the scan below be followed exactly. Please read through all of the instructions before you begin.
================================
If you can access the internet now, download and run the preliminary scans below.
If you cannot access the internet, download the preliminary scans to a flash drive, then connect it to the problem computer to run the scans.
Please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.

Back