TechSpot

Smartphones to account for 28 percent of handsets in 2011

By Shawn Knight
Jul 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Smartphone sales have exploded in recent years and are expected to surpass 420 million units worldwide, representing nearly 30 percent of all mobile phones sold this year. The study from…

Read the whole story

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 376   +43

No, I do not currently have a smartphone. I am looking at getting one when my contract is up next year. Right now I would pick HTC or an iPhone. If the iPhone has a better camera (8mp w/1080p video) I think it would be one of the best phones on the market. Unfortunately it doesn't, and it lacks a micro sd card slot (wonder why that could be, lol). So right now, I think I would get the HTC Thunderbolt as my phone of choice. It's got 4g LTE and nice specs all the way around. I know there are certainly phones with better specs, but I don't really care about those, just the true performance and battery life.

3. I don't even have a dumb phone.

4. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I remember the days where every man and his dog had a nokia, now I cant even name one person. It amazes me every time that Nokia is still #1 when it comes to smartphone sales.

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

aj: that is because Nokia still sells tons of phones which are not smart enough :rolleyes:

6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I know that, but these figures relate to Smart Phone sales specifically and nokia smart phones arent that great

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

I agree, but their upcoming 'Sea Ray' looks to be the best looking smartphone in a while, and if it turns out to be a stable platform, I am certain to dump this SGS with it. :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.