SMS flaw discovered in Windows Phone 7.5

By Leeky
Dec 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's mobile platform is coming under increased scrutiny after it was revealed that smartphones running Windows Phone 7.5 are at risk of denial-of-service (DoS) attacks that can disable their messaging…

Read the whole story
  2. sounds like a sanitizing input issue.
  3. Det

Det Newcomer, in training Posts: 84

More flaws are found as the OS generalises. Android and Iphone (not iOS) have had their own messaging/connectivity problems in the past too.

I'm an Android fan but taunting every other OS for every single minor flaw they have is ridiculous. Use whatever you like and I'm happy with that - just stay out of my face.
  4. Windows phones are born for problems once you kill 1 problem 2-3 more pop up its a good thing the OS owns 5.8% of the phone market share ;) goes to show how crap it is xD
  5. I am surprised it has a 5.8% market share. Maybe those are just the ones ordered by stores and not actually sold. It would be hard to believe there are that many people that would buy one.
  6. ^^^ Yes, because it's sooo terrible, surely nobody has it? Come on man, how about you give it a try, or read some reviews out there on it which describe just how "terrible" it really is before you bash it. There are very few "problems", and the one in this article has affected NOBODY so far and has now been reported to MS.

Market share does not indicate anything about how good or bad a product is. Both iOS and Android had a market share of 5.8% at one point too.
  7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,032   +69

By the way Guest, I've extensively used Desire S, Galaxy ACE (amongst many other droids) and own a Galaxy S, my experience tells me Android isn't as good as it touted to be. For example, Desire S and ACE suffers from usual sluggishness of Android for no apparent reason. Galaxy S has been the worst offender, lock-ups, reboots at its own, sluggishness .......... IMO nothing is perfect, so pointing out one OS in this respect is stupid thing to do. Every OS i.e. iOS/Android/WinMO/WP7x has their own set of flaws at one time or another. Hell even E7 which I have been playing around for last few days 'feels' responsive and stable smartphone than the above mentioned models.
  8. Dj23

Dj23 Newcomer, in training

Ah ignorance is bliss. I had an iPhone, my partner, mother, and sister have an Android each, and I'm now on the HTC HD7. Had it over a year and I still cherish it. People have their opinions, but don't be so arrogant. In my opinion, the market share is going to increase. I have never had a problem with my WP7, my iPhone had countless issues, my girlfriend's Android is packing in (it's younger than mine), and my dad's Blackberry went within 6 months. Be thankful they are finding problems, because it means people are using it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.