TechSpot

Snowden says Obama's NSA reform proposal is a "turning point"

By Justin Kahn
Mar 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The now infamous former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden, has spoken out recently regarding President Obama's planned NSA reform proposals. Snowden released a statement via the American Civil Liberties Union, the group currently handling his legal representation, saying that Obama's planned...

Read more

2. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Enthusiast Posts: 328   +84

The public have a seat at the table of government? Haven't seen it in my time so-called democracy or not. Oligarchy, not democracy is a better descriptor of government in 'the West'

3. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,025   +154

western media has also described the seat of power in the Russian federation as controlled by putin and his oligarchs.

gibbstar likes this.
  4. When will this GIMP take the ANCHOVIES off his face?

Such a poor excuse for a goatee, and such a poor excuse for a man.

Please Techspot, stop reprinting articles about this notorious traitor and anarchist against safe democracy.

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

Not to mention, similar situation exists in west, where 'special interest groups/lobbies' doing the same job on the behest of big corporations/rich. So it kind of evens out in that respect as well :)

6. People like you make me laugh. Ignorant bullies, that is.

Snowden has done no more than shined a light on the fact that the federal government is no longer "for the people," but "for the its own interests, bottom line, and reputation."

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,233   +1,547

We know you are jealous, stop trying to hide the fact.

8. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 570   +97

I can't believe you wrote this with a straight face. What country is Edward Snowden currently in? When has this country ever been "for the people" and whose "interests, bottom line, and reputation" does this country care about?

9. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Enthusiast Posts: 171   +54

...must resist the troll

10. "Please Techspot, stop reprinting articles about this notorious traitor and anarchist against safe democracy."

..must resist the troll, but can't resist the stup*dity.. :D

(fair warning: troll mode on)

11. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 897   +239

Agreed.
    Nothing Obama does will EVER change Uncle Sams ability to monitor and record whatever they want, whenever they want. It's a nice gesture though for the sheeple.

12. Think you'll find its a Van **** not a Goatee...

13. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Booster Posts: 551   +46

I think it will be a huge blow to Snowden's objectives and his followers, if once Obama's reform goes through there is an attack on the US. They will just pin it on what he did probably.

14. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 84

Isn't it time for Snowden to "accidently" fall down some stairs or slip in the shower? I'm really starting to lose faith in the CIA.

15. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Enthusiast Posts: 151   +32

If Obama would repeal the Patriot Act, as candidate Obama said he would, then the Government cannot spy on you without a warrant.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.