Software for capturing and recording streaming video

dyeman

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can recommend good software for capturing and storing steaming video from the web....a streaming New Years Eve concert for example.

Thanks
DS

Thank you very much. I know there are some products out there and I don't mind paying if it works well. Just looking for what people here are might be using.

DS

Not 100% for sure, but I think it also depends on the type of streaming video as not all can be captured / recorded (e.g. not 100% but don't believe MS Sliverlight or Adobe video streams can be captured)

Should you decide to buy a product see what it works with and what you;re trying to record (those free trials help!)

Yeah I think you are right. not sure what kind of stream I will be recording tomorrow night.

Thanks
DS

It's called "Streaming Video Recorder", you can download a free trial.
Have you tested it? Compared to something really good like Replay Media Catcher or Jaksta for Mac?

Check out how many good streaming video recorders are out there:
http://all-streaming-media.com/record-video-stream/all-streaming-video-recording-software.htm

Not 100% for sure, but I think it also depends on the type of streaming video as not all can be captured / recorded (e.g. not 100% but don't believe MS Sliverlight or Adobe video streams can be captured)

Should you decide to buy a product see what it works with and what you;re trying to record (those free trials help!)
Just check the link above. Both Smooth Streaming (without DRM) and Flash video streams can be downloaded captured.

But your suggestion to test software before buying is great! It is always a good idea to do it (unless there is an unconditional money-back guarantee)

I use camtasia and adobe flash media encoder to stream my screen in livestream.
Screen video capture software always gives worse quality / file size, so if you can download or capture instead, then go for it.

Sorry I totally misread the question.
No, your suggestion is good! If I'm not mistaken, the question was about saving streaming video by any mean.

Some streaming videos can't be recorded otherwise! And may be some users won't be willing to spend time checking out for stream downloaders/ capturing software.

StreamRecorder said:
Have you tested it? Compared to something really good like Replay Media Catcher or Jaksta for Mac?

Check out how many good streaming video recorders are out there:
http://all-streaming-media.com/recor...g-software.htm

No i haven't tested it...I hardly ever need software for the recording of streaming video (for some reason)...I'm assuming you know some on this stuff with a name like "StreamRecorder" then?.

Back