TechSpot

Software problem

By justin490
Oct 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys,
    I have lenovo G560 model laptop. Once there was a problem of various, then I format my laptop and load new window 7 fire operating system.after that I install drivers, but wi fi driver is not working. please help me to solve that problem.
    I hope you guys will help me.

Thanks.

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,852   +184

3. justin490

justin490 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Any other solution???

4. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,105   +22

Hi justin490, The best place by far to get drivers is the makers website.
    Several reasons; You are most likely to get the latest version,
    and, it won't cost you anything.

The only instance that would not work is if you had a (say) 10 year old pc and wanted to run Windows 7 or 8 on it,
    you would find the drivers would not work with the hardware from that time, why would they ?
    Have a look at;
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/downloads/default.page?
    I see a white screen for 15 seconds but the site does appear.......

5. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,852   +184

As Mike said the best place is your laptop website. If for other reason this is a update laptop from Xp or Vista. you may need to use a third party driver installer. Like the one I gave you the link to. Goodluck

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

I have a Lenovo Y560, and I never download drivers from the side because they are never updated. Lenovos are fine getting drivers straight from sites. I think you have a Wifi link 1000 right? that is what most lenovos have.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.