SolePower promises to charge your mobile device by walking

By Shawn Knight
Jul 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. If you needed convincing that we’re headed for a future of wearable tech, look no further. A new Kickstarter campaign looks to take a different approach with regards to charging your wireless device. It’s called SolePower – a power generating...

Read more
  2. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,651   +51

Ug I have to walk? lol
  3. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,232   +119

A great idea, but I cant help thinking if it was feasible it would have been done already by one of the big corporations.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,769   +1,427

Judge: You have been charged with "texting and walking". Do you have anything to say for yourself?
    Defendant: Your honor, I was charging my phone. If my phone had not been dead, I would not have been walking.
  5. Al I have to do is plug my phone in and wait to charge without walking :)
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,719   +873

Apple panted this type of concept a year back. Hopefully we can see this in a few years.
  7. Nobina

Nobina TechSpot Booster Posts: 343   +66

Did you use Google Translate to post this? xD

Anayway, this means that your phone will never run out of juice when you are walking, and when you are not walking, you probably have some place to charge your phone.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

Yup. All the ridiculousness of this wearable tech is never ending. I'll leave it to the early adopters of this wearable junk to look silly. Heavens knows we need them otherwise technology would expand at a much slower pace.
  9. lipe123

lipe123 TechSpot Guru Posts: 409   +75

Nothing ridiculous or strange looking about this one, it's actually a pretty decent idea. For things like camping or hiking trips where power is not easy to get this makes a lot of sense.
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,769   +1,427

Just think if you are a jogger and set the charger with the tempo of your music (emulate low batteries in a walkman), you would be able to audibly tell when you start dragging your heals. lol

11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,815   +702

To be honest this is probably the only bit of wearable tech that makes a bit of sense to me.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.