Solid Motherboard for Intel i5 CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this goes here or not. So I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

Hello everyone,
I'm about to finally upgrade this old computer of mine (Pentium D, Gigabyte S-series motherboard) and was wondering what would be a good, solid, and reliable motherboard to accompany my new Intel i5 CPU? I'm somewhat limited on cash at the moment and after the CPU purchase I'll only have around 150~250 dollars for the motherboard and RAM. I may be able to bump it to 300 but I can't say at the moment. I've been looking through Newegg and Tigerdirect for the past few days but I honestly can't figure out what I should go for or be looking for (I'm a bit of a newbie to all this).

These are the parts I already have:
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700watt
Graphics Card: e-GeForce 8800 GTS
HDD: Maxtor 6V300F0

I'll be switching out the GPU for a better one when I can so I'm not really interested in SLI/Crossfire. Same goes for the HDD.

Thanks!

Give us until this week and we'll be posting our P55 motherboard round-up on TechSpot. That should give you a complete outlook at the different price points :)

There are a lot of decent motherboards for the Core i5. I would suggest you look into a motherboard like the MSI GD65 and consider spending the amount saved on a better GPU like the Radeon HD 5850.

MSI P55-GD65 - $154.99

Hey Rit,
have you found a site that actually has one, and not sold out? them things are hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back