SOLTEK 915GPro-FGR Mobo....all USB ports stopped working today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soltek 915GPro-FGR Mobo
P4/2.8 GHz 800M LGA775
WindowsXP Pro SP2

When I first built the machine all the USB ports worked. After installing Windows they stopped. I reinstalled the Intel Chipset Driver and they worked for about 2 weeks. Today they stopped and will not work even after I reinstall the Chipset Driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

a few years back i had basically the same problem on a supermicro 370ssa, 815e chipset. was running win 98se, but still same problem. turned out there was a hardware failure, i had to buy a usb pci card. i'd try it with an extra usb card installed and see if that too went down. also consider updating your bios and drivers and windows to thier latest.

I'm currently having various issues....one of which includes really flaky USB 2.0 ports. Turns out my 12V rail is only running at 11.25V which is well below spec. I've got a new PS on order now.....a nice Fortron (thanks to RBS for the recommendation).

I used a small program called Everest to check the voltage and it seems pretty accurate....I backed it up with a multimeter. Something to check anyway....hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back