Solving my Minidump Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripeorange88

Hello everyone,
i'm new to these forums and joined recently because i couldn't find anywhere better to speak to people who either can help me with my problems or perhaps even benefit from the little knowledge i have on computers.

I have windows xp service pack 2 and i tried downloading a specific software. The next time i switched my pc on, i received what i later found out was called the BSOD.
I went to the library and researched a little about the causes as i received a STOP ERROR 0x00000050. I finally learned how to read my minidumps and it told me the problem was probably caused by memory_corruption.

I would appreciate if anybody could explain this to me in more detail and maybe what i have to do to solve my problem.

Thank You very Much in advance,
ripeorange,

You will need to run Memtest (absolutely free and free of adware/malware) on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes (there are 8 individual tests per 1 Pass). If you have any errors you must replace your memory; it cannot be fixed.

Also, if you have more than one stick of RAM then you need to run the test on each individual stick to determine if one or all are corrupted.

This takes considerable time to run. Many people start it before they go to bed and check it the next morning. Let us know what you find.

www.memtest.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back