Some but not all USB device are functioning, please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

teklord

Most of my USB devices work in my USB 2.0 ports. All of the devices that are externally powered work, i.e. external Hard Drive enclosure, printer. Some devices that aren't externally powered work as well, i.e. USB Flash Drive, Xbox controller adapter.

The devices that don't work are my 2 webcams and my Playstation game controller adapters. My older webcam used to work on this mobo's USB ports but has since ceased to function. Device manager says all USB ports are fine. I have also tried a PCI card with USB ports and my webcams/controller adapters didn't work on that either. Can anyone suggest how to get these devices to work again? Thx all for reading this.

I also recall seeing some m/b have jumpers controlling how USB ports are bus powered. Check your m/b manual as well just in case also applies to your situation

Thx for jumper tip. I reinstalled Windows XP and this seemed to alleviate the problem actually. I guess ancient crapware was causing the USB ports not to work or viruses.

Yeah, it was until I installed several programs. Now it's resembling the speed of the original install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back