Some CPU questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

When you install a processor, is thermal compound included with the stock cooling and the processor? If so, when you apply the thermal compound, does this make removing the processor impossible? Also, if you reinstalled a processor with slightly bent pins into a computer's motherboard, what effect does this have on porcessor temps and stability?

greatman05 said:
When you install a processor, is thermal compound included with the stock cooling and the processor? If so, when you apply the thermal compound, does this make removing the processor impossible? Also, if you reinstalled a processor with slightly bent pins into a computer's motherboard, what effect does this have on porcessor temps and stability?

Yes, a thermal compound usually does come included preapplied on the stock cooling. No, the compound doesn't make it impossible to remove the processor, and how bent are the pins?

The 2 bent pins on the processor are bent at the bottom, but at the top of the pin, it's straight. The pins weren't bent enough to prevent me from reinstalling the processor.

greatman05 said:
The 2 bent pins on the processor are bent at the bottom, but at the top of the pin, it's straight. The pins weren't bent enough to prevent me from reinstalling the processor.

Well, if it works, I would monitor things like heat, although it will probably be fine.

as long as the pins make contact with the socket and aren't shorting out, you should be ok

greatman05 said:
What do you mean by "shorting out"?

Causing a short circuit...wish I could say more than that, but I'm not that electricity literite (damn physics!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back