Some electrical suggestion any one

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix87

hi friends

i m facing lot of trouble due to lack of proper ground on to the electrical supply which i connect to my system....

can anyone suggest me any alternate way that i can use to get proper ground(earthing)
to my system

thanks in advance..

U.S. A/C has two prong (<pre xxx) and three prong (Type B NEMA 5-15 or 5-20) wall outlets
see this

Color Codes:
  • Black == HOT
  • White = Neutral
  • Green = ground

*IF* you are comfortable with working on 120 v/ac, you can do the work,
OR hire an electrician to change a two prong to a three prong-grounded circuit.

There is ample information online for whatever country you live... This is a major safety issue, and all sorts of help should be available... or call your local electrical supply organization.

I've never seen 240 without a proper ground -- what kind of problem are you having?

You can usually get a circuit tester at a hardware store to show the polarity is correct and that the ground is ok

i am getting lot of electrical feedback form the surface of my appliances

is there any component that can be attached to get proper 100% earthing

can anyone suggest me any alternate way that i can use to get proper ground(earthing)
to my system

Well 240V is:

Red=Active
Black=Neutral
Green\Yellow stripes=Earth

So this type of awareness on electrical safety, is a big concern

Best to get an A grade qualified electrical engineer to check it
Plus an Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker ;)

Why not just use an extension cord with a power strip, like this one?
va-821808a.jpg

They usually have their own grounded terminals and a GFCI (aka a circuit breaker) for added protection.

Why not just use an extension cord with a power strip,
They usually have their own grounded terminals and a GFCI (aka a circuit breaker) for added protection.
the power strip relies upon a good ground at the outlet, and that appears to be in question here.

i am getting lot of electrical feedback form the surface of my appliances

is there any component that can be attached to get proper 100% earthing
So there's A/C hum? how do you observe the problem -- feedback in your sound card?

A/C hum is particularly difficult to filter, as the hi-pass, low-pass filtering technique
works when two 'signals' are at different freqencies, say power at 50hz and 'noise' at 440 cps (ie international 'A').

Each appliance needs to be better 'grounded'.

Again, your best advice is get a profession to investigate!

So? All power strips come with a varistor between each of the wires, which presents adequate protection IMO. More expensive ones come with a multi-LC circuit breaker that acts in exactly the same way as a varistor, but does not degrade nearly as fast.

And besides, power strips are real cheap. Wouldn't hurt to try it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back