Some good tips to prevent vision loss?

Condor

hey

I wanna know any good tips to prevent vision lost? like playing video games or browsing the web to long would cause your vision to lost it clarity ? Any suggestion that would help me not wearing a glass in the future? = D

There's no real scientific evidence to prove that playing video games, or browsing the web too long, or reading in the dark even, would cause you to actually lose your vision, or clarity.

If there is, I'd love to see some references :D

BTW, here's a link to alot of myths related to vision....

http://www.99main.com/~charlief/vi/myths.html

Sorry, but I can't really link anything from subscriber only medical databases, but I'm still interested if anyone finds any article which shows deterioration of vision from using computers/TV/books, etc.

Myth: Sitting close to the television will harm your eyes.
Fact: There is no evidence that sitting close to the television will damage your eyes. If this were true, office workers that sit 8 hours a day 17 inches from their computer screens, would all be blind. Sit wherever you are most comfortable when watching TV.

Myth: Reading in dim light will damage your vision.
Fact: Reading in dim light can make your eyes feel tired. It is not harmful and cannot damage your vision.

Myth: Eye exercises will improve your vision.
Fact: Eye exercises will not improve your vision. This myth has made many people wealthy. Rolling your eyes around has no effect on your vision.

hey ty for the deeper insight on the vision myth =]

Heres the thing i worry, before my vision was 20/20 now i see blurry objects from afar ^.^;

bad! :/

Well, as far as I know you can lose vision over time. The old myth of being too close to the TV is actually true for the first generation of TV's. They emitted something that caused to to lose your eyesight.

Back