Some help with my Acer Aspire 6920G

Hi there,

I have an Acer Aspire 6920G. It came pre-loaded with Windows Vista which I reluctantly used for about a year before having enough. The laptop itself became very slow, even after giving it a good clean out.

I wiped the drive and installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I've installed all the drivers and AVG software. The laptop was performing great (as expected). I installed League of Legends and I played several games at a good healthy 55 fps. It then started getting random fps drops right down to 15fps. Now its constantly in the 25 fps mark and I haven't added or taken anything away from the laptop.

Anyone come accross this before? I am playing the game on the lowest settings so should easy be hitting 60fps.

Just to confirm I have 3 GB Ram and not 4 like you might see in reviews.

What's also odd is that on the windows experience index (in the control panel), the laptop is only scoring a 3.1 in the dual core processor and RAM. Surely this should be higher?

Edit: It's also really noisy (like the fan is on full speed), even when im on the character select screen. Is this an overheeting problem? You'll see from my other post that my PC is currently in pieces so would be good to sort the lappy out :)!

Any help and suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Jon

pretty much like an overheating problem.

try to discover the service cover below the laptop and clean the dust off. my 5930G (which is pretty much same as 6920G) has been throwing low fps every few seconds. re-applied thermal gel and it's as good as new.

I took my lappy apart and the TIM looks pretty dried up so I'm going to replace it today.

I checked the temperature while playing League of Legends and the GPU is running at 60c and everything else seems around 50c which is odd. Perhaps its not a overheating issue? Or maybe my lappy's just sensitive to the heat!

what do you think?

Back