TechSpot

Some Malware Detected please help

By gaurang
Aug 26, 2008
  1. hello i got a error last night when i was clicking on C drive .

Attention, admin! Some dangerous viruses detected in your system. Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate files corrupted.
    This may lead to the destruction of important files in C:\Windows. Download protection software now!

Click OK to download the antispyware. (Recommended)
    ---------------------------
    Yes No
    ---------------------------

This message itself indicates that this is perhaps a virus which is prompting me this message and then try to redirect me to the below site:

free-viruscan . com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am using vista ultimate and few steps i took while i googled and found this forum were

i downloaded malwarebytes anti - malware and i will attach a screenshot of the findings .. just for the info after i ran the software errors have stopped on my computer but i ran anti malware for the 3rd time and everytime it is detecting some corrupt files . please help me so i can permanently get rid of this from my system .. really appreciate it . i am also attaching a log of hijack this ..

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.