Some minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonb

Been having those restarts again and am suspecting video ram or system memory as the culprit. Though to be sure if anyone can pls translate these dumps I'd very much appreciate it.

The first three minidumps are 0x8E errors and they are almost always caused by hardware issues and sometimes driver issues. In your case all three listed the driver nv4_disp.dll which is a Nvidia driver.

The fourth minidump was error 0xA and these, too, are strong indications of a hardware issue, but it can also be due to drivers. This dump cited memory corruption. So you need to test your RAM. If you've never run memtest before...

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test.

tyvm. I have suspected memory errors as the cause.Have ran memtest many times in the past but it seems to never detect corruption. Will try purchasing new memory 2morrow (long overdue). Tyvm for your diagnosis.

tyvm. I have suspected memory errors as the cause.Have ran memtest many times in the past but it seems to never detect corruption. Will try purchasing new memory 2morrow (long overdue). Tyvm for your diagnosis.

As good as memtest is bad RAM has been known to pass. Before buying new memory have you tried running with just one stick at a time to dtermine if one or both sticks are bad?

Same here..

I too have occasional BSOD:s, about once per two to three days. I tried to open these minidumps, but it wont show them, as it claims the Symbol files are wrong, even though I specifically downloaded the ones for Windows 7 Beta that I'm using.

I too have occasional BSOD:s, about once per two to three days. I tried to open these minidumps, but it wont show them, as it claims the Symbol files are wrong, even though I specifically downloaded the ones for Windows 7 Beta that I'm using.

So I would apreciate if someone could take a look at these and possibly help determine the cause of it. Also I would appreciate if I could get them back in a txt format.

You need to start your own thread. This one belongs to phonb and the help he is receiving. Keep in mind Windows 7 is in Beta form only and there is bound to be issues.

Oh, I just thought that it would have been multitopicing existing topics. But thanks for clarifying ^^ Starting my own topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back