TechSpot

Some questions.. help a noob out..

By yahndawger
Nov 20, 2004
  1. Ok I bought this Dell 4600c like 4 months ago and I thought it was a nice computer (I was wrong).. Anyways I'm trying to get some new parts for it so I get better FPS in WoW.. I've been reading into Graphics Cards and I guess that AGP is the best you can get.. Can anyone explain why AGP is better then everything else? and how can I find out if this card would fit into my computer? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=686471&Tab=5.. TY..
    Also I want to get more RAM for my computer (512) and I was wondering what registered/unbuffered means.. also what Cas Latency, Support Voltage,
    Bandwidth, & Organization do? If anyone takes the time to answer me I'd greatly appreciate it.. and TY to all who took the time to atleast read.

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Posted by Dell:
    Looks like you have an AGP slot.
    Open up your PC, look at the slots on the mobo. PCI-slots are normally white any your PC would probably have 3 of them.
    If there is one about the middle of the board, on the right (or above) of the white PCI-slots (as you look inside), that is further recessed away from the edge, with probably a brown-ish colour, you are in luck, that's your AGP slot.
    Look up the specifications of the mentioned ATI card at www.ati.com and get that or a comparable card with NVidia GPU. Look for its voltage and AGP=speed.

To get matching memory, go to www.crucial.com where they can tell you exactly.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.