TechSpot

Some streaming videos will not load

By kmile91
Oct 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone,
    So I just bought a new laptop and I've noticed that youtube videos do load, but other sites that stream videos will not load at all. Running windows 7, using chrome. However, this problem happens on firefox, IE, anything. I have active x and flash player plug in on chrome, downloaded flash player manually, and installed KLite Codec Pack. Nothing is working. Any suggestions? I appreciate the help!
  2. Taycat

Taycat TS Rookie Posts: 52

What over websites are you trying to view videos from? What version of flash and active x do you have? What version of Chrome? Have you updated anything lately?
  3. kmile91

kmile91 TS Rookie Topic Starter

It's any videos that aren't youtube. Most recent versions of active x and flash. I think I ran windows update maybe a week or two ago? downloaded chrome september 21, so the latest version unless its been updated.

My old laptop running on the same connection has no problems running anything so I know its a network or connectivity issue
  4. Taycat

Try and flush your DNS.

Click on your start orb
    In the search box, search for cmd
    Click cmd
    Type the following EXACTLY - ipconfig /flushdns
    Make sure you put a space right here^
  5. kmile91

Ah Im sorry I mean Its NOT a connectivity issue
  6. Taycat

Your computer's Domain Name System (DNS) is unique to THIS computer. Using what I said might actually fix your problem since it seems to just be affecting the one computer.
  7. kmile91

Wow...that worked. I cant believe it was that easy. Thanks so much for the help!
  8. Taycat

No problem! Glad I was able to help. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.