Someone at Fedora / RH clearly has a sense of humour

Leeky

Doing some updating today on my F14 install, and came across this update:

Q-Logic QL2400/2500 5.03.16 firmware update

Title not exact, I forgot to copy it before killing off update. :haha:

I found the description very amusing though....

This update will fix bugs and other non-critical problems.
This notification was issued on 03/08/2011.
QLogic has new firmware updates out for their ql2400 and ql2500 devices, version 5.03.16!
They still won't tell me (or anyone) what this update does, much less share the code. So, without further ado, here is my top ten list of things I think are hidden in the 5.03.16 firmware update:
10. Jimmy Hoffa 9. Copies of the ET Atari 2600 video game. 8. Snakes. Lots and lots of snakes. 7. High Fructose Corn Syrup 6. Stuxnet 5. Duke Nukem Forever 4. Styrofoam Packing Peanuts 3. Vermeer's "The Concert" 2. Charlie Sheen 1. The Holy Grail
Feel free to email all complaints and bugs to supportATqlogic.com. While you're at it, feel free to ask them why they are afraid to show the code for their device firmware to anyone.

I like this person, why can't all update notices be like this! :haha:

Awesome. Guess when you aren't controlled by a gargantuan corporation you can get away with things like this without fear of reciprocation. Reminds me of my weekly status reports I submit at work, doubt anyone actually reads them, could probably get away with putting in similar content :D

I used to submit reports like that at work... Used to get in my fair share of trouble as well though! :haha:

Definitely someone who after all these years of hard work still loves every second of his job. :D Or she. :D

He/she is a package maintainer and probably a volunteer, as fedora is the non commercial wing or Red Hat. It's a "non free" firmware package, so he/she's just joking about the source code not being available.

I like this person already. Clearly, [he/she] knows how to poke fun at the coders. If only somebody can get away with it at Apple, then we'd have a war of comedic words between UNIX, Darwin, and Linux. Let the geek comedy begin. :haha: :haha: :D :D

Back