Someone please help me with memory dumps

By Prevs
Jun 2, 2006
  1. Could someone pls help my desktop keeps crashing when im downloading torrents using azureus, I first though it could be ram so I ran memtest and found one of the sticks was faulty, it has since been replaced. I reinstalled windows hoping that any spyware like program drivers could be the culprit, but my pc still keeps rebooting. I checked my memory dumps using xp support tools dumpchk, I think it might be a onboard sound thing so i disabled it in BIOS and uninstalled the drivers. Could someone take a look and see if they can make any sense of it.
    Ive only got 2 there (because i just reinstalled xp) im pretty sure there the same.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Both minidumps crash at Mrv8000c.sys. This is your wireless lan card driver.

Try updating the driver. If that doesn`t help, maybe try a different card.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Prevs

Prevs TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

thanks heaps howard ill try updating it
  4. Prevs

Prevs TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Does anyone know why it crashes when i use arureus becaus eim surfin the net right now without any problems
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

It could just be a software conflict.

Instead of using Azureus, try a different torrent programme and see if you still have problems.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.