Someone using my internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabears

I share a router with my roommate, at college, and we have only limited bandwidth that we can use per week, 10 gigs. So in an attempt to keep under the bandwidth, I got OnlineEye to monitor the bandwitdh my computer takes up. The school has a site that moniters the bandwidth of the overall connection. Over this weekend my roommate left to go home, and so it has just been me on the router. Over the past two days, OnlineEye tells me i have only used up a total of 100 mb per day. But when i use the site from my school, it says i have used up 3 gigs. Is OnlineEye reliable? Our router is encrypted, so that you shouldn't be able to access it via wireless. The router is a WRT54GL v1.1 linksys router. If someone is probably using our internet, what steps should i take to fix it? Thank you for your time.

running from an admin login, Networkview3 will find
all local systems for a range of LAN addresses.
Using your ipaddress and the gateway address as guidelines, you can scan
for say 32 systems and know which are active/inactive.

ok, i ran the networkview. I got 4 nodes that came up. One of them was my ip address and another one was the gateway address. My roommate has two computers and he left them on. I ran this program all throughout today and had it monitor nodes all day and nothing changed. Can i get it to see how much bandwidth each computer has used?

the program identifies WHO is on your lan, not bandwidth being used.
you were concerned for rouge wifi access.

Another thing a lot of routers have, is a way to see the DHCP Clients list, which shows everyone connected to the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back