Something wrong with my laptop diplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon Head

I left my laptop running until it was really low on power, and then shut it down before it was about to run out. no big deal.

I turned it back on like 2 minutes later, cant remember if it was plugged in at the time but the resolution was ridiculously small, and now it is as if it is constantly in low power mode even when it is is high performance. I did plug it in soon sfter starting it up again.

the screen is still dim and it crashes when i try running high end programs like unreal tournament 3.

the graphics card is nVdia 9500m gs on windows vista.

i need this fixing really really badly as i have a lot of work coming up and any help would be massively appreciated.

I dont think it is the diplay driver as that shows no sign of fault in the device manager but i will lok for an update for that if anyone isists that the problem but i dont think that has anything to do with it.

sorry for the long post i just wann abe thorough.

Hi

Go into Device Manager and remove all the listing related to the video driver/card, then reboot and let windows find them again, you may need the drivers, but not always.

Regards

Awww man ur the best, worked right away, pretty simple answer but i would have gone the long way round on my own.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back