TechSpot

Sonos introduces the Playbar: Smart sound for your home theater

By Shawn Knight
Feb 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Earlier today Sonos unveiled a new speaker designed to be used with your television. The aptly-named Playbar is a 4-inch deep by 3-foot long soundbar that consists of nine independently driven speakers. It’s unique in the fact that it doesn’t...

Read more
  2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903   +99

"a built-in accelerometer detects the orientation of the speaker (if mounted on a wall, for example)" Perhaps I'm missing something here, but how does the accelerometer know its on the wall? Once wall mounted I'm pretty sure its going to be just as level as if it was on a TV stand, and certainly won't be moving while on the wall. And besides having a Class D amplifier there's no mention of how many watts this thing puts out and beyond that there isn't actually any real specs, just BS "Not louder. Clearer." Good luck getting actual Bass out of little 4" speakers, but wait they recommend pairing it with their SUB which also lacks any real specs. Looks like a marketing company, not a HiFi Audio company... Unless they think its okay to take the Rolls Royce "Its Adequate" approach. I'll be sticking to amps and proper speakers, not this overpriced junk.
    Burty117 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.