TechSpot

Sonos launches Play:3 all-in-one wireless speaker system

By Jos
Jul 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Sonos has updated its line of high-end wireless audio home systems with a new, relatively affordable model aimed at expanding its audience. The Play:3 will set you back $300, $100…

Read the whole story

2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

I would give $100 for it (ok, maybe, just maybe $200 just because of the syncing features). But $300 for what is essentially a speaker? I can live with my wires for now.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,788   +547

Personally I would just go for a Bose Sound Dock 10 with the extra Blutooth addon and be done with it.

Seems like a good idea but I would feel as a single wireless speaker setup the Bose would be better.
    Although if you have the money to invest in more than one speaker, this would definately do the job properly! :)

4. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Depending on the quality of the speaker... they have single speakers with out any other compents going for 300+

That aside, I wish they had other speakers so you can have a wireless hometheater speaker set for 5.1 or 71 surround...

I need a surround speaker set that has the 2 rear and or 2 additional side speakers as wireless... cannot find or confirm in most sets...